Sangat Trust is an umbrella body set up by various Gurudwara’s, Businesses, Organisations and individuals to deliver a universal message of peaceful coexistence to humanity through Sikhi’s core values of: loving his creation, spiritual wisdom, humility and tolerance, compassion, forgiveness and mercy, honesty, transparency and accountability, contentment and selflessness and Chardikala (constant optimism).
- Dharmic programmes
- Heritage programmes
- Lifestyle programmes
- Children’s programmes
Sangat Trust has a vision of:
- A peaceful, just and sustainable world achieved through fostering values of Sikhi.
- Making a difference at the grassroots, empowering youth through education based on the promotion of values and teachings of the Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
- To enable young Sikh women and men to cultivate and advance Ekta (social and community cohesion) and Sarbat Da Bhalla (goodwill, good wishes and welfare for all) in order to promote peace and justice through intra and interfaith dialogue and cooperation.
We aim to do this by:
- Working with children and youth to help them gain a deeper understanding of their faith and what it can offer to them in the 21st Century through devotion, selfless service and charitable activities.
- Bringing together members of our sangat, businesses, organisations and institutions as active owners and participants to work towards our shared values.
- Working through intra and inter-faith dialogue and co-operation as a powerful way of promoting peace, justice and tolerance as well as a greater understanding of the Sikh faith.
Click here to go to the Sangat Trust‘s website and learn more about the trust.